Pages

Friday 29 October 2010

Halloween Stitch & Bitch Outing 2010

Yes, it has been a while, and I haven't managed much tagging this summer due to all the work on the Creativitree and  a baby blanket for a soon-to-be-here newborn taking up all my crochet time.

But, we braved the wind last night and got some poor night-time pics and thanks to She-who-shall-be-known-as Lucibee getting some more this morning we have some daytime ones too (of the ones that survived the night). So please excuse the random mix of night and day shots, I chose the best pics from both shoots.

I have to add that the funniest part of the evening for me was having a bunch of spotty teenage boys heckling us - a bunch of grown women - for doing 'Graffiti'. Brilliant!


She-who-shall-be-known-as Phantomstitch started proceedings with an appropriate Phantom on the Cafe in Castle Street,



Then I slipped a gothic heart on one of my favourite spots next to Flow

TAG # 35


Then She-who-shall-be-known-as Black Widow placed one of her lovely cobwebs on Lucinda's Hairdressers.



then She-who-shall-be-known-as Phantomstitch found her regular perch and planted a Devillish woolly hat which we hope ends up on a child at some point



...and I added a 'cosy' to my favourite knob ; )

TAG # 36


She-who-shall-be-known-as Black Widow added a Cobweb to the door knocker at The Bear (hopefully this time they won't be as 'spooked' as last time)



She-who-shall-be-known-as Elen the Spinner donated gifted granny squares to the cause, hanging one on the side of Oxfam,



Another usual spot - my biggest bat on the the door of Hay Wholefoods

TAG # 37


another granny square from She-who-shall-be-known-as Elen the Spinner to liven up the scaffolding



... and another phantom from She-who-shall-be-known-as Phantomstitch



and her inspired skeleton hand...



The not-very-subtle Halloween sea-slug by She-who-shall-be-known-as Lucibee by Sage Femme...



and another bat from me for the signpost with the bin

TAG # 38


then the last bat on the no entry sign by the Pharmacy

TAG # 39


Another cobweb from She-who-shall-be-known-as Black Widow for Booth's Books



The Sweet Shop got a visit from She-who-shall-be-known-as Lucibee



While She-who-shall-be-known-as Missknit got her nimble daughter to shimmy up a disused signpost to add a fabulous pumpkin hat to the top, right next to Adele's Dress Agency,




... She-who-shall-be-known-as Phantomstitch and her helpful hubby were placing two more fab hats on the window rails of The Granary.



Shepherd's got a cobweb from She-who-shall-be-known-as Black Widow,



whilst my old friend the drain-pipe opposite Shepherd's got a wrist-warmer from me

TAG # 40


and She-who-shall-be-known-as Phantomstitch warmed up a chilly 'At any time' sign



and She-who-shall-be-known-as Missknit dangled a pom-pom spider from Bullring Antiques (I think it was there- by now I had several Stitch and Bitch bombers scattered all over town and was having trouble keeping up with the documentation).



The old bench outside HSBC has been replaced with a brand new one so I had to revisit the granny-square arm-rest that I did before,

TAG # 41


and then I added a triangle motif to the drainpipe in the Back Fold outside the cafe,

TAG # 42


... and ran round the corner to add my last studded swatch to the tree by Nepal Bazaar

TAG # 43


Which was joined by She-who-shall-be-known-as Lucibee's last Sea-slug



and close by is her last addition to the railings outside Country Stores,



whilst She-who-shall-be-known-as Black Widow ended the evening with a cobweb on the door of Sartori.


PHEW!!!!
It is so much easier doing the Lone Yarn-bombing but such an adventure with the Stitch and Bitch Girrrls.

Hope Hay residents enjoyed the results of our spree as much as we enjoyed scattering them.

Happy halloween : )

Mwah-ha-ha-haaaaaa.......

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys did so well! Sad I missed it - better luck next year.
    It's very exciting spotting your work around town and seeing the bemused faces on some of the public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I picked up your 'cosy' from the gates on the covered market. Good work! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where my 'phantom hand' had come from! Saw it there in the morning and wondered if any tourists would pick it up, but luckily it waited for me at closing time :) Great idea, thank u!

    ReplyDelete